The Kai Kai no Mi (kai can mean things such as shell or pelt or other animal parts and is also the first syllable of kaigara which only means shell ) is a Paramecia-type Devil Fruit that causes the users skin to become hard and impenetrable and also allows them to harden it further by using immense amounts of energy.
Kai Kai no Mi
|Translation||Shell Shell Fruit|
|English Name||Shell Shell Fruit|
|Power||Very strong/ hard skin|
|Eaten By||Avert James|
The fruit looks similar to a green durian with swirls on it.
The major strengths of the fruit is that it makes the user very hard to damage. The skin covers most of the body leaving very few weak points. It also allows the user to be more reckless when fighting as they have to worry less about taking damage. The offense strength of the fruit is that the user's punch's and kick's will hurt significantly more because of the hardness of the skin. By concentrating very hard the user can also increase the hardness but this also uses a significant amount of body energy.
Despite the fruit's seemingly unbeatable defense there are actually quite a few weaknesses. The fruit only makes the skin hard and undamagable so it only protects from things such as swords and guns while the user can still take impact damage to organs and bones close to the skin which leaves weakpoints on the side of the arms and elbows, front of the legs and knee caps, the ribs, hands, feet and most importantly skull. The users skin can also be cut however it is difficult to do but if accomplished, the wound is a glaring weakpoint. Haki is also a weakness that can greatly effect a user.
- Congelo: James hardens his body further so that he can achieve higher damage.
- 'Ico': James hit's his opponent with whatever body part he has hardened.
- Statua: James hardens his body until his skin is so hard and thick he can no longer move . This attack is primarily used defensively and can only be used for a few seconds before the strain will force him to stop. This will prevent almost all damage done to James but the toll it takes on his body is not always worth it.
- Manus Manus: James locks up his forearm with Statua and hits his opponent. This attack can do large amounts of damage and will often knock out normal human beings.
- All of James' attacks are in Latin as it is often used as a scholarly language